S&P A-Sheet 120 is a unidirectional aramid fibre fabric with high strength and toughness.
S&P A-Sheet 120 is applied (stuck on) using the laminating resin S&P Resin 55 HP or with the water vapour permeable system S&P Resicem HP.
Field of application
Strengthening or reinforcement of bearing structures made from reinforced concrete, masonry, and timber, for axial, shear, and bending tensile stresses.
- Protection of columns and bracing structures against vehicle collisions and other impacts
- Increasing earthquake resistance (concrete + masonry)
- Protection from explosion (accidents or terrorism)
- Increasing imposed loads
- In electrical environments, where non-conductive material is requested
- In case of a change in the nature of imposed loads
- Correction of design and/or building mistakes
- Improving serviceability and suitability
- Complying with the latest standards
- Flexible application, even on curved surfaces as pillars, columns, silos, chimneys, walls, arched slabs, etc.
- Low self-weight and a small application thickness
- Simple, flexible and economical strengthening method
- No corrosion
- Very high abrasion and tear resistance
- Very short interruption of normal use of the relevant building or infrastructure
- No noise and no vibration during installation
FRP Colonna is a design software for reinforcement of centrally loaded concrete columns by wrapping S&P FRP Sheets. FRP Colonna may be used for preliminary and final design of structural reinforcement. For a known axial force, the software calculates the required layers wrapping with S&P Aramid-, Carbon-, or Glass Sheet.
FRP Colonna does not check buckling.
Documentation and Literature
|Technical data (unidirectional)||A-Sheet 120 (290 g/m²)|
|Elastic modulus [kN/mm²]||≥ 120|
|Tensile strength [N/mm²]||≥ 2‘900|
|Fibre weight [g/m²]||290|
|Weight per unit area of sheet [g/m²]||320|
|Elongation at rupture [%]||2.5|
|Design thickness (fibre weight/density) longitudinal [mm]||0.200|
|Theoretical design cross section Width: 1‘000 mm longitudinal [mm²]||200|
|Reduction factor for design (manual lamination / UD sheet)||1.3 (recommended by S&P)|
|Tensile force (elongation at break) Width: 1‘000 mm [kN, longitudinal]||440|
|Tensile force for dimensioning (axial load) at an elongation of ε = 0.4 % Width: 1‘000 mm [kN, longitudinal]||70|
|Tensile force for dimensioning (flexural strength) at an elongation of ε = 0.6 % Width: 1‘000 mm [kN, longitudinal]||105|
|Width of roll: 300 mm||Length of roll: 100 m||(special sheets upon request)|
|Storage temperature between + 5 °C and + 35 °C. Product must be stored in a dry place, away from direct sunlight.|
|AS120290300||S&P A-Sheet 120 (290 g/m²)|
Cut the sheets with special aramid scissors. Never bend the sheet in longitudinal direction! (sheet may only be folded parallel to the fibre).The S&P A-Sheet 120 is applied in a dry or wet process.
For more details please refer to the application manual of S&P A-Sheet 120.