S&P Asphalt reinforcement
Fibre reinforcement grids for asphalt surfaces
Due to a vehicle fire in December 2013, the ceiling above the ground floor was damaged. Traces of explosions in parts of the ceiling show the extent of the damage.
The statics investigation showed that the existing reinforcement had a reduced capacity to ensure bearing safety and serviceability.
The S&P ARMO system can guarantee the required alkali protection and fire protection on the interior reinforcement. The ARMO-crete w wet-spray mortar is applied onto the substrate constructively with the S&P ARMO mesh 200/200, in several stages. The reinforcement mesh made of carbon fibre is covered in at least 10 mm of mortar.
The renovation process:
1. Inspection and visual appraisal of damages / Initiate immediate steps
2. Drawing up of investigation and testing plan / Execution and analysis of material testing
3. Drawing up of renovation plan
4. Dismantling and moving of installations, insulation, etc.
5. Installation of equipment and machines / Protection of structural elements / Mounting the braces
6. Hydromechanical (high pressure water jet) grinding off of the bad concrete, manually or using robots, according to renovation plan
7. Testing and verifying the tensile adhesive strength of the substrate
8. Fixating the exposed reinforcement / Removing loose materials
9. Wetting the substrate to capillary saturation
10. Reprofiling with S&P ARMO-crete w shotcrete mortar up to 5mm above the steel reinforcement (corrosion protection)
11. Applying the second shotcrete mortar layer (in 2 m wide strips)
12. Incorporating the S&P ARMO-mesh carbon fibre reinforcement wet-on-wet into the mortar
13. Applying the third mortar layer to the finished thickness
14. Treating the surface as per the client’s wishes (grinding, broom finish, raw, etc.)
15. Post-treating the mortar, while maintaining humidity levels, for at least 7 days
16. Quality assurance according to the project engineer
17. Finishing with primer and paint work, installations, etc.
approx.110 m2 S&P ARMO-System
Since 2012 S&P has been part of Simpson Strong-Tie, an international building products company based in California with multiple locations across Europe.
The company is committed to helping customers succeed by providing exceptional code-listed products, full-service engineering and field support, product testing and training, and on-time product delivery.